The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Service company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, service and installations, water services & testing, regulatory compliance and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
We are currently seeking a motivated Driver/Warehouse Attendant, which will work under the direct supervision of the General Manager. This position will assist in supporting everyday operations, regular maintenance of the warehouse and completing deliveries throughout Upstate NY. This position will start as a part-time role with a suggested schedule of Monday – Friday (12 pm – 4 pm).
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Organize and perform general warehouse duties
- Assist with recording inventory
- Drive company vehicle to make deliveries throughout Upstate NY
- Prepare warehouse orders for pick up by third party carriers
- Loading and unloading of material and equipment
- Picking up warehouse orders needed for a job site
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while in route to supervisors
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proof of a valid driver’s license, in good standing
- Able to accept warehouse deliveries; some forklift experience, willing to train if needed
- CDL and Forklift Certification a PLUS; if you do not have both MUST be willing to obtain immediately
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position, lifting 50 lbs. regularly
Benefits and Perks:
- Potential for future full-time employment
- On the job training provided with career advancement opportunities
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.