The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Service company founded in 1925. Our services include electrical repairs, service and installations, water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance, and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
Response Electric, a Division of the Metro Group, is currently seeking motivated and experienced technicians to perform residential, commercial & industrial electrical work. This role will involve maintaining service installations, wire roughing, conduit installation, lighting & finishing.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Troubleshooting electrical systems in residential and/or commercial environment
- Assisting or leading a crew in repairs, modifications, or installations of various Electrical systems
- Installation of galvanize, EMT, and Aluminum conduit, trade sizes ½” and up to 4”
- Installing and replacing lighting fixtures, and lighting control system
- Pulling electrical wiring through electrical conduit
- Installation/replacing of electrical circuit breaker panels, receptacles, switches in both residential and commercial applications
- Performing work on lighting control system and possible programming of same
- Installation/wiring /troubleshooting of pumps and controls
- HVAC wiring
- Wiring of boilers
- CCTV installation and troubleshooting
- Performing work on bridge alarms, and other security devices.
- Driving a company vehicle
- Performing other miscellaneous tasks to support the operation, such as assisting on other job types, doing material pick-up and deliveries, etc.
- Protecting jobsite and performing clean up when completed
- Upholding all policies and procedures, ensuring that they are always adhered to
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3 years minimum experience performing electrical work in commercial, residential and industrial environments
- Experience in electrical equipment and wiring instillation for High/Mid-Rise Residential Buildings, and Apartment Complexes. ***Work experience in Commercial Projects and mixed use buildings is a plus.***
- General knowledge of 2008 NEC Code pertaining to NYC and 2017 NEC code pertaining to NJ “Electrical Theory
- Experience in wiring, and installation of window treatments
- Knowledgeable in reading and understanding basic electrical drawing and diagrams
- Osha 40 Certification
- SST Certification
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Ability to meet physical requirement of position
- Clean and valid Driver’s License (a DMV report will be run as part of the application process. Any offer is contingent upon a clean report)
- Excellent communication skills and “can do” attitude
- Punctual and detail oriented
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay and stable, steady work Monday through Friday with overtime opportunities
- Excellent Benefits package including medical and dental insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan including company match
- Generous Paid Vacation and Holiday Package
- Company-paid life insurance
- Extensive on the job training with career advancement opportunities
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.