The Metro Group, Inc., is an established, successful, premier Building Service company founded in 1925. Our services include water treatment, boiler repairs, service and installations, HVAC repairs, water services & testing, regulatory compliance and various other valuable building services. We take pride in the work we do while building long lasting partnerships not only with our clients but most importantly with our employees.
Located in Long Island City, we are currently seeking general laborers for the Water Treatment Division. This division is experiencing an increased volume of work. The position is temporary, however, has the potential to transition into a full-time, permanent position if the selected individual is hard working, a fast learner, and continually meets management expectations.
Role and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Assist lead technician in various heating and cooling systems related job tasks
- Participate in cleaning, servicing, repairing or replacing boilers, cooling towers or other mechanical units
- Drive a company vehicle
- Lift tools, materials and equipment
- Perform other miscellaneous tasks to support the operation such as assist on other job types, do material pick-up and deliveries, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Available to work 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Valid driver’s license
- Practices and follows all OSHA and Company Safety policies and procedures using protective equipment such as: gloves, safety glasses, suit covers, mask etc. (company-provided)
- Agreeable and self-motivated team member
- Enthusiastic in taking on assignments and responsibilities
- Willing to learn and work as a productive team member
- Able to take instructions from a Supervisor
- Detail oriented, pride in their work, quality-focused
- Clear communication skills
- Capable of working in a professional environment and providing great customer service while on a job-site
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
Job type: Part-time, Seasonal, with the potential for transitioning into full-time, permanent employment. A full-time opportunity would mean a union position with competitive pay.
The Metro Group, Inc. is an EEOC-compliant employer.